I am not going to lie. I feel crazy. Bad sleeping, bad eating, lots of wine. Three things that are detrimental to keeping your head on straight. Where to begin?
What is life? Why are we living it? Who the fuck knows? No one. Don’t trust anyone who says they know. It is really up to you how to give these questions answers. But I do know that the USA is going through a dark period in which the lives of others have become apparently less important. That sux. So in response, I try to always keep the following in mind:
- Don’t mock people for being different, even if it’s only in your head. It just illustrates ignorance over what you could be.
- Stand up for those who are being abused. Be it at a border wall or in the hallway of a school or on the sidewalk, if someone is being abused you must do something. The ACLU is a good place to start if you want to help protect people’s rights.
- Eating animals is wrong. It is a fact. Even more so in this day of factory farming and poor health. It relates to the reality tip above.
- Wearing animals is wrong. Fur, leather, wool, down, etc … Recycled? Meh. Maybe ok. I leave that up to you. I wear recycled and vintage wool but can’t wear leather.
- Treat all people with respect. Sometimes it is hard, as there are plenty of assholes out there, but they may learn from you.
- Believe in yourself. Not that easy to do, right? Self-sabotage and impulsiveness will yield terrible results at times. And these things are not always consciously controllable. Consciousness and mindfulness are allies in believing in yourself. Do not be impulsive and if you are quick to anger, recognize that and do not act out when you’re red in the face.
- Know that everyone single person has a story. Every single person can be hurt. You can have an effect on a total stranger that could alter their life or their morning at the very least. Like those jerks wearing backpacks during morning rush hour on NYC subways, they are hopefully unaware of the space they are taking up and the people they are knocking around.
What more can be added to the list? I do accept comments! Talk to me people!